As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More.
Usually, painting wood surfaces is easy, but removing paint from wood surfaces is a difficult task. For removing paint from the wood, you need to select a perfect paint stripper for doing the job the right way.
Hi there, How are you doing today? Are you looking for the best paint stripper for wood? If you’re looking for a wood paint stripper, then you’re in the right place!
There are so many paint strippers available on the market, but all are not effective on wood surfaces. If you’d like to remove paint from wood with a paint stripper, you need to select a paint stripper that only designed for wood properties.
It seems like a difficult task: isn’t it? Yeah, it is a difficult task, but don’t be worry: we are here to help you out. In this post, we are going to review the top 7 paint strippers for wood.
So, if you’re looking for a high-quality paint stripper for removing paint from wood, you can read the review section and then purchase one that’s ideal for your project. Let’s get into the product review section.
Pick Your Best Paint Stripper for Wood
- Best Overall: D Super Remover Paint Stripper (Quart – 32oz) (See Price)
- Best for Removing Several Layers: Sunnyside 658G1A Ready-Strip (See Price)
- Best for the Money: Dumond Chemicals, Inc. 3332 Smart Strip (See Price)
- Best Varnish Stripper No-Drip Gel: MAX Strip Varnish Stripper (See Price)
- Best Stripping Gel for Wood and Metal: Citristrip QCSG801 (See Price)
- Best Multi-Strip Paint & Varnish Remover: Sunnyside 657G1A (See Price)
- Best Paint and Varnish Stripper Spray: Klean Strip Paint Stripper (See Price)
What Is a Paint Stripper or Paint Remover?
Typically, a paint stripper or paint remover is a chemical-based product that removes paint, coatings, and finishes from many types of materials, including wood, metal, concrete, plastic, and more. These products remove paint without damages.
Top 7 Best Paint Strippers for Wood Reviews
We have come up with 7 paint strippers for wood that will be very efficient considering all aspects. Let’s check the reviews and make up mind for particular one.
1. D Super Remover Paint Stripper for Wood – Removes All Type of Paints
This D Super Remover Paint Stripper is methylene chloride, NMP, or any other highly toxic chemicals-free. If you are looking for a fast working paint stripper, you can go for this D Super Remover Paint Stripper. It starts working in just 15 minutes and able to remove up to 5 layers in one application.
The paint stripper efficiently removes oil paints, latex paints, varnishes, epoxies, shellacs, lacquers, and polyurethanes. The paint remover is super easy to use: you can pour a thick coat of this paint remover directly on the surface, wait for 15 minutes, then you can use plastic, metal, or wooden spatula, or a scraper to remove the paint, if needed, you can repeat the process tow or three times.
However, it is a commercial paint stripper for wood, and it is ideal for all types of paint stripping jobs. Overall, it is chemical-free, safe for you and your materials, so if you want a safe wood paint stripper, you can purchase this product.
- It is methylene chloride, NMP, and highly toxic chemicals-free
- Works super fast: works in 15 minutes
- Able to remove five layers in one application
- Ideal for removing oil paints, latex paints, varnishes, epoxies, shellacs, lacquers, and polyurethanes
- Perfect for all types of paint stripping jobs
Next Read: The Best Power Paint Roller Options Reviews
2. Sunnyside Ready-Strip ADVANCED Paint & Varnish Remover
This Sunnyside Ready-Strip ADVANCED Paint & Varnish Remover is our second pick, and it is yet another great paint stripper for wood. It’s a multipurpose Paint & Varnish Remover that is methylene chloride or NMP free.
The product is perfect for removing paints, varnishes, stains, lacquers & urethanes as well. It is safe for you and your items because it doesn’t contain methylene chloride or NMP.
However, this Sunnyside Ready-Strip ADVANCED Paint & Varnish Remover begins working in 60 minutes, and it can remove up to seven layers of paint, varnish, stain, lacquer & urethane coatings. Therefore, the product has more than 1k+ reviews on Amazon & most of the customers are happy with it.
- The product doesn’t contain methylene chloride or NMP
- It can remove paints, varnishes, stains, lacquers & urethanes
- Able to remove seven layers of coatings
- It has 1.1k plus reviews on Amazon
3. Dumond Chemicals Inc. Smart Strip Advanced Paint Remover
This Dumond Chemicals Inc. Smart Strip Advanced Paint Remover doesn’t contain methylene chloride. It is non-carcinogenic, non-toxic & non-caustic, which means it is safe for your materials, you, and the environment.
The paint stripping product is ideal for removing paint from both interior and exterior brick, stone, concrete, plaster, metal, plastic, glass, fiberglass, wood, and more. It’s a water-based stripper that you can easily apply with a brush, roller, or conventional airless sprayer.
However, this paint remover product takes about 3 to 24 hours to start working, but it can remove up to 15 layers of coatings. And then, it has more than 1.6k reviews on Amazon, and almost 60% of reviews are five out of five.
- It is safe for you, your materials, and the environment
- Removes 15 layers of coatings
- Ideal for interior and exterior wood, brick, stone, concrete, plaster, metal, plastic, glass, fiberglass
- Has 1.6k reviews on Amazon
4. MAX Strip Paint & Varnish Stripper- 1 Gallon
MAX Strip Paint & Varnish Stripper is non-toxic and skin-safe paint and varnish stripper. It is perfect for DIY and professional projects. The product comes in a 1-gallon plastic container, and it will cost you under $50.
The paint and varnish stripper product is ideal for removing paint & varnish from the furniture, windows, brick, ceramic, flooring, granite, marble, glass, laminate, fiberglass, metal, wood, porcelain, plastic, concrete, stone, tile, carpet, rugs, upholstery, clothing, and more.
However, if you’re searching for a skin-safe and toxic-free multi-purpose paint stripper for your next paint removing projects, you can try this product.
- The product doesn’t contain toxic chemicals like Methylene Chloride and NMP
- It is skin-safe
- Works well on different types of surfaces
- Ideal for professional & commercial use
5. Citristrip 1-Gallon Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel
If you’re searching for the safest & super easy use paint & varnish stripper for medium and large projects, then you can check this Citristrip 1-Gallon Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel.
The stripping gel can remove multi-layers of coatings, but it will take 24 hours to start working. It efficiently removes dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, shellac, polyurethane, and more from the wood, metal, and masonry surfaces.
This Citristrip 1-Gallon Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel has more than 3k reviews on Amazon, and most of the users are happy with its quality. So, if you want to select it to remove paint from your wood surfaces, you can purchase it without thinking twice.
- It is safe & easy to use
- Removes multiple layers of coatings
- Removes dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane, and shellac
- It has 3k+ customer reviews on Amazon
6. Sunnyside 657G1A Multi-Strip ADVANCED Paint and Varnish Remover
This Sunnyside 657G1A Multi-Strip ADVANCED Paint and Varnish Remover is the second paint stripping product in our list from the brand Sunnyside. It’s a professional-grade paint and varnish remover that is made without methylene chloride or NMP.
It can efficiently remove paint, varnish, stain, lacquer, and urethane as well. Therefore, it works super fast: It takes 30 minutes to start work and removes up to 15 layers of paint, varnish, stain, lacquer, and urethane coatings.
However, you can apply this paint remover with a brush, medium-sized nap paint roller, or putty knife, and it is ideal for interior and exterior surfaces: including brick, stone, masonry, marble, metal, wood, plaster, concrete, and veneers.
- Ideal for removing paint from wood, plaster, concrete, brick, stone, masonry, marble, metal, and veneers
- Made without methylene chloride or NMP
- Works super fast
- Super easy to apply
7. Klean Strip Green Paint & Varnish Stripper Spray
The Klean Strip Green Paint & Varnish Stripper Spray is our last pick, and it comes with two chemical-resistant gloves. This varnish & paint stripper spray has no Methylene Chloride or N-Methylpyrrolidone, which means it is safe for use on indoor surfaces.
Therefore, this versatile stripper spray works well on almost all kinds of paints. With this paint stripping spray, you can remove multi-layers of latex-based paint, oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, wax, and stain from your metal, wood, and masonry surfaces.
However, with this product, after applying it, you need to wait for 30 minutes: after 30 minutes, you can remove the paint from your surfaces. So, if you need a paint stripper spray for wood, you can purchase this Klean Strip Green Paint & Varnish Stripper Spray.
- It comes in a spray bottle
- Super easy to apply & works fast
- Works well on all kind of paint
- The product comes with two chemical-resistant gloves
After three days of hard work, we provide you the top 7 paint stripper for wood review. We hope now you can easily select a perfect paint stripper for wood. Always make sure to wear chemical-resistant gloves when you use the paint stripping products.