As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More.
Painting clothes and fabric is one of the most popular and great ways to decorate your fabric and clothing items! And spray paint makes the job easy and fast as well.
But finding the best spray paint for fabric might be a hard task for you! Because there are so many different types of spray paint for clothes and fabric available on the market.
But right now, if you’re here, then paint selecting for fabric not going to be a hard task for you anymore! Because, in this article, we’re going to review and recommend you top seven spray paints for clothes and fabric, so that you can easily pick one for your next projects! Before start writing this review article, we spent more than nine days to select the top 10 fabric spray paint for you!
At first, we select fifteen paints pack from different brands, and then we bought one of each item, and then we test our-self, and now we recommend you the top ten best (Spray)paints for fabric! So, if you need one for decorating your clothing items, then read the full content and then select one that meets your requirement. But if you’re in a hurry, I mean if you don’t have enough time to read the full reviews, then select one from top picks.
Top 3 Best Fabric Spray Paint
- Tulip Permanent Fabric Spray Paint (9 Pack)
- TULIP Permanent Fabric Spray Paint (7 Pack-Neon)
- Dupli-Color EHVP10000 Vinyl and Fabric Spray
5 Best Spray Paint for Fabric and Clothes Reviews
Among many of the choices, we have selected only a few of the fabric spray paints so that you can pick your desired options easily. Let’s read.
1. Tulip 29069 Permanent Fabric Spray Paint (9 Pack)
Tulip 29069 9pack fabric Spray Paint is the first one on our list. It has lots of good features, and the tulip paint brand for fabric is one of the most popular brands for fabric paint.
We’ve checked online, and we found that lots of people like to use tulip spray paint for painting their fabric and clothing items.
The set has nine different colors of paint bottle, and these bottles are full of paint, I mean the bottle contains only paint, there is no air inside these bottles. And these paint bottle has a spray nozzle, and the spray nozzle provides you complete control when you use it.
And these paints are spray paint, so you can spray them on your clothes or fabric to give them a new look. The color is permanent, and it doesn’t contain toxic, which means the paint set is non-toxic.
The set includes nine packs. So, with this paint set, you’ll be able to handle multiple fabric painting projects, or you can do group activities as well.
Therefore, the paint is non-toxic, so it is safe for everyone, even your kids can use this paint, you don’t have to worry about it. Overall, if you need a top-rated fabric spray paint, then you can purchase this item without worry.
Key Features of This Product:
- Spray nozzle gives you full control
- Paints are non-toxic
- The bottle doesn’t contain air
- Set has nine colors
- Perfect for both kids and adults
- The paint is permanent
Yet another great spay paint, you can purchase Tulip, I Love to Create Fabric Mini Paint set for your clothing and fabric.
This paint is the second one from the same tulip brand.
This set contains seven different colors paint spray bottles with .81fl oz pump sprayer.
All in all, this fabric spray paint set is the perfect one for outfits, multiple projects, and group activities as well.
The product is an ideal one for using on your t-shirts, shirts, pillowcase, and more, but you can also use them on your canvas totes, sneakers, or any type of clothing item that you wish to decorate with paint.
The color is great, and this set doesn’t cost you too much. Overall, if you’re searching for high-quality clothes paint, then you can go for this one.
Key Features of This Product:
- Set includes seven paint bottles
- This set has seven different colors
- It is affordable
- Colors are great
- Perfect for different types of fabric and clothing
3. Dupli-Color EHVP10000 Vinyl and Fabric Spray
Dupli-Color HVP100 paint is the red color paint spray can for fabric & vinyl, and it is an excellent one for outdoor fabric and car fabric.
The can is affordable, but the pack comes with only one paint can. So, if you’re looking forward to painting your lots of items, then you need to buy some of them.Lots of people use this paint on their patio furniture fabric and some other outdoor fabric as well.
The paint resists to cracking, flaking, and peeling, and it will provide you great coverage.
Key Features of This Product:
- Provides great coverage
- Perfect for outdoor fabric
- An excellent option for car seat fabric
- The can is affordable
- Resists to cracking, flaking, and peeling
4. Dupli-Color EHVP11000 Burgundy Vinyl and Fabric Spray
The second one from the brand Dupli-color, this Dupli-Color High-Performance Vinyl, and Fabric paint is one of the best ones for painting outdoor cushions.
This paint is the perfect paint for painting vinyl seats, dashes, door panels, shifter boots, outdoor fabric, outdoor furniture fabric, indoor furniture fabric, car fabric seats, and consoles.
This fabric & vinyl paint dries fast and won’t crack, peel or chip, and the paint available in different colors. And we’ve checked its online customer feedback, and we found that lots of people use this item for painting their outdoor fabric and furniture fabric.
So, if you’re looking for paint for outdoor fabric spray paint, then you can buy this fabric & spray vinyl paint for your next project.
Key Features of This Product:
- It dries super fast
- The paint doesn’t crack, peel or chip
- Works perfectly on outdoor fabrics
- The best option for car seat fabric
- Customers are happy with its performance
5. Tulip Spray Glitter Fabric Paint Spray
Another one from tulip fabric spray paint, and this is the third one on our list from the brand tulip.
And this is a glitter fabric spray paint, which is perfect for fabric & clothing. This paint works great on light fabrics, and if you use this paint, make sure to wash your painted item after 72 hours.
This paint is a black one, but it is available in different colors, So if you don’t like or you need other colors, just select the color you’re looking for.
Check the Latest Price
The product has more than 300 customer reviews and 55 % five out of five.
Key Features of This Product:
- It’s one of the best glitter paint for fabric
- Available in a different color
- It has 300+ customer reviews
- Works great on light color fabric
Things to Consider when Buying the Best Spray Paints for Fabrics
There are many options for fabric spray paints in the market. Of course, you want to purchase the best to get durable and long-lasting coverage. If you choose the wrong product, it will disappoint you to get the desired result.
It can be confusing to choose the best one for your project. No worries. We are here to discuss some essential features of fabric spray paints which you need to consider while buying. It will help you to make a wise decision and purchase the perfect paint. Take a look –
Types of Projects: You need to consider the project area that you want to paint. Choose a product accordingly to your project to get a good result. Read the product specifications to confirm that the paint will be appropriate to the materials, types, and colors of fabric that you choose for your work.
Some fabric spray paints are compatible with lightweight fabrics like clothing, table clothes, curtains, or other lightweight home decor items. Other spray paints for fabric are particularly created for indoor and outdoor furnishing items.
Types of Paints: Fabric paints have several types. Choose the right paint for your project to achieve the expected result.
- Acrylic-based paint: Acrylic-based paint is the most common fabric paint. It’s not so expensive and easy to work with it. It’s available not only in spray form but also in liquid, pen, or marker form. The color pigment of this paint is dissolved in an acrylic polymer or plastic resin. This type of paint is liquefiable in water, of course when they are wet. But once they get dry, they become long-lasting.
- Oil-based paint: Oil-based paint is made with synthetic or natural oils. It’s also durable enough.
- Alcohol-based fabric paint: Technically it’s not paint. It’s ink that can be absorbed into fabric fibers. It works well in tie-dye applications. When you apply it to darker fabrics, you will be disappointed. So, avoid applying in this type of fabric.
- Solvent-based paint: After finishing your paintwork with solvent-based paint, you get a quick result. That is because whenever it comes in contact with air, it vaporizes in a short time and dries easily.
Types of Applicators: Generally, a pump sprayer or aerosol spray is used to spray the fabric paint.
- Aerosol spray can: Aerosol spray can contain aerosol propellant and liquid fabric paint and the can transform it into gas. When you press the can’s nozzle, it releases air and changes the air pressure inside the can. As a result, the liquefied paint and gas turned into a fine mist and you can easily complete your artwork. Some users don’t want to use it because the aerosol propellant contains environmentally harmful chemicals.
- Pump sprayer: By using a pump sprayer, you can easily adjust the pressure to flow the paint so that paint doesn’t split in unnecessary areas. It helps you to maintain good control in the working area. Especially if you want to work with DIY projects, a pump sprayer is the best.
Heat Setting: You must choose the spray paint for fabric that has heat control settings. It’s an important feature to consider. If you can’t deal with heat well, you will not get long-lasting paint. Especially when you apply acrylic paint, it needs proper heat to make the paint permanent.
Frequently Asked Questions about Spray Paint for Fabric and Clothes
1. Can You Use Spray Paint on Clothing?
Answer: Spray paint is a versatile option for painting. You can definitely use it on your fabric or clothing. To get better results, make sure to buy paint spray that is specially designed for fabric and clothing. Otherwise, the result may not be top-quality.
2. What Is the Best Fabric Spray Paint for Clothing?
Answer: Soft fabric spray paint is the best paint for clothing. If you need one for your clothing items, then you can select one from our top 5 list. We have reviewed market’s best paints for fabric. So, depending on your need and considering different perspectives, you can pick the right one easily.
3. Can I Use Rust-Oleum Spray Paint on Fabric?
Answer: Yes! You can use Rust-Oleum Fabric and Vinyl spray paint on your fabric. But it is perfect and suitable for car seat fabric. So, we suggest you not to use this fabric spray paint on soft clothing. This can damage your soft fabric.
4. What Kind of Paint Can I Use on Fabric?
Answer: There are different types of paints available for fabric, such as acrylic paint, fabric paint, airbrush paint, oil paint, puff paint! Acrylic paint provides satisfactory result on fabric and many prefer that over other options. However, it is always better to use particularly made fabric paint on fabric and clothes.
5. Can I Use Regular Paint on Fabric?
Answer: Yes! You can use regular paint on your fabric. But you shouldn’t expect the best result always. To get a better result, you should use paint that is specially designed for clothing and fabric. Market is filled with so many fabric paints options, so you don’t need to consider buying regular paint for fabric.
We’ve done the hard task for you, and now we hope, you can easily select a high-quality fabric spray paint for your next fabric painting or decorating projects, and the content will save your time and money and you’ll get the top-rated product.
All the products are top-rated and best, so if you want, you can buy anyone from our list, but we recommend you to select one from the list of our top pick. Thank you so much for visiting and reading, See you soon with another product review content.
Some Other Reviews: